Let's Play | Hunted: The Demon's Forge
PC (lolconsoleport) ARPG, 1920x1200-1280x720, 30FPS
Seg 1 encoded at 2013-03-13 23:31:12
- This is not the first time we ran this game. We decided to rerun the game, and as a result of possessing a superior recording I decided to ditch the old 2010-2011 recording that had been stuck in processing/hard drive rollover hell. I aggressively dropped the resolution due to the extremely large file sizes I was getting. The visual quality has suffered, so I recommend using MPC/madVR to take advantage of its superior upscaling to compensate.
- This is run on the hardest available difficulty - the extra difficulty that is unlocked from our original playthrough, on Newgame+, while not using any sleg vats for the hard ending. Today will be a hard day in the rear indeed.
- This is an invigorated, over the top cast with a lot of screaming and giggling - and for good reason. Your privilege will be checked in this incredible display of wilsonry.
~37 minutes, x264/AAC
Running this game online skips the prelude/tutorial section which, as you can imagine, lead to a lot of butthurt. For the sake of completion I recorded this section in single player AFTER our playthrough. Therefore, one of the characters was absolutely rigged in endgame gear and spells. This may constitute as a minor spoiler but not really. Not really a challenging segment or anything, just there since it starts the story. I encoded it with higher settings than the remainder of the LP.
1:14:34 hours, x264/AAC
My voice is at times a little loud, enough to distort. The compressor handles this fine. I'd rather it be a little loud than a little quiet. I kept true to the Magicka series in that I kept all recordings of the beginning - including our connection troubles. The first LP took us even longer to get started.
This segment, unlike all others, was encoded at full resolution. The filesize was deceptively small due to the low motion and overall content, so I thought I was going to get away with it for the rest.
3:33:40 hours, x264/AAC
In hindsight, I should have taken the hit of having higher quality encodes for the larger filesizes. However, my hard drive restrictions prohibited extensive testing, as each encode took 6-8 hours and I had to wait for segments to be finalized to record again. The dark areas do not encode very well. Too bad my 10bit encodes didn't do anything.
3:5:52 hours, x264/AAC
Shadowflare is a cat.
3:54:22 hours, x264/AAC
These bright areas are particularly murder for encode sizes, but it turned out decent.
1:45:50 hours, x264/AAC
I had to split one recording session into two segments I think.
3:19:17 hours, x264/AAC
3:51:45 hours, x264/AAC
Windows decided to reset my volume mic to zero. You can still hear me, thankfully, but sometimes I am too quiet, particularly during combat. I applied an alternate compressor which seemed to help a little bit, but the end result can still sometimes be irritating. I am also basically eating paper during the first part of this, and it was really messy.
I cut about 10 minutes of idle time after a particular fight. If you run VLC and have issues with this part (like the final Alice segment), try MPC with madVR.
1:42:57 hours, x264/AAC
There is a minute of idle time at 4:00-5:00 but I decided not to cut it to prevent any possible mkvmerge VLC problems.
Audio problems remain. I encoded this segment with significant changes to the motion prediction settings in x264, as well as a lower CRF (32->30), but I think I would need an even lower CRF of like 27 or 28 to get a major impact.
As it turns out, I don't think I did an audio recording of my old review. If I did, I don't know where it is.