Let's Play | Warcraft 3
PC (iphone port) (Microsoft Bob Dating App Emulator), 1920x1200, 30FPS
Seg 1 encoded at 2019-01-23 02:47:12
- The first segment suffered severe audio corruption as a result of the Focusrite Scarlett Solo 2nd generation front-end. This is a well-documented and wide-spread bug, known to the developers whom have ignored it since it first began to surface in 2015. The only known way to combat the bug is to use old drivers. I was using said old drivers at the time, so to encounter it was an unwelcome surprise indeed. I was handed extremely damaged source audio and the arduous task of trying to fix it. For this challenge I used a trial of the Izotope RX De-clicker, and the results are satisfactory if distracting.
- The later half of segment 5 is in Limited Range for reasons unknown. It was an issue with the source files, not the encode.
- A severe and ancient bug in wc3 that periodically results in corruption of the audio system occurs multiple times throughout the run, producing sound files at maximum volume in the UI channel or something (and thus ignoring camera/fog of war). Furthermore, the myriad blunders of their latest patches include the introduction of the infamous "FMOD" system which introduces a plethora of severe issues across the board.
- Changes in recording configurations and hardware result in slightly inconsistent volumes.
- Many portions of TFT video have bizarre artifacting on the left side of the frame. This appears to be a result of OBS but it could just as easily be an issue with TFT.
- Some portions of the video have frozen frames for a few seconds. This is OBS, and not a result of the game (as far as I know).
- Some portions of the video had desynced audio or different sampling rates for reasons unknown and required manual labor to fix which may result in some noticable shifts or hiccups. This is OBS, and not as a result of the game (as far as I know).
- Some portions of the video have momentary audio crackles. Who to blame for this is anyone's guess.
1:30:9 hours, x264/AAC
It bears repeating that the Focusrite Scarlett Solo heavily damaged the audio for this segment.
1:44:50 hours, x264/AAC
3:10:4 hours, x264/AAC
3:13:15 hours, x264/AAC
2:42:23 hours, x264/AAC
2:43:25 hours, x264/AAC
2:16:28 hours, x264/AAC
3:31:48 hours, x264/AAC
3:12:44 hours, x264/AAC
3:24:15 hours, x264/AAC
3:57:48 hours, x264/AAC
3:12:40 hours, x264/AAC
3:20:57 hours, x264/AAC
2:55:48 hours, x264/AAC
3:20:20 hours, x264/AAC
2:59:40 hours, x264/AAC
4:2:21 hours, x264/AAC
2:56:37 hours, x264/AAC
1:28:1 hours, x264/AAC
A short cutoff at the end. I was going to talk about reviewing separate from custom content but I later determined it would be better to do that in the actual review since I didn't actually get into the subject very much.
5:33:56 hours, x264/AAC